you’re angel # to visit

Nobody Needs Another Stanley Cup, They Need a Hobby

 

I know this makes me sound insane, but I genuinely think half the things people buy now are because everyone else bought them first. One girl posts a water bottle, and suddenly it's sold out everywhere. Then everyone starts making videos about how they "finally got one," and now the rest of us feel like we're missing out on...? I don't even think it's about the product anymore. It's like people collect internet approved objects instead of having like actual interests. Last year it was Stanleys, then it was Owalas, then Jellycats, then Labubus, then Sonny Angels, then Rhode lip cases. I know I'm dissing things I like here, but I'm willing to self reflect. I can't keep up, and honestly, I don't want to. I miss when people had hobbies that couldn't be delivered in two to five business days. Bake something. Learn guitar. Spend three weeks trying to perfect homemade pasta. Get really into birds but like not too much. I don't care!! Just stop acting like buying the same thing as three million other people counts as a personality trait or makes you anything but lifeless. Every time a new "must have" item drops, people line up like it's the cure for boredom, but I actually think boredom is the problem. We've forgotten how to entertain ourselves without buying something. I refuse to believe that a cup, a keychain, or a tiny collectible monster is the missing piece of your identity. I think you just need something to do on a Tuesday night. 

Comments

Popular Posts