The Girls Who Hate-Post Like It’s a Side Hustle
There’s a very specific kind of girl who doesn’t just dislike you, she turns you into a genre of content. She won’t say your name, but you’ll see the TikToks, the “random” story rants with captions like “some girls really think they’re special 💀.” And you’re like, babe… just @ me. It’s getting theatrical.
What’s wild is half the time you didn’t even do anything to her. You breathed near someone she has a crush on. She’ll spread hate when the worst that happened was “a girl I don't like wore lip gloss and didn’t die.” She’ll say things like “I’m not naming names,” but then drop 16 clues and a blurry screenshot of your elbow.
What’s even funnier is how much effort goes into it. She’ll screen record, type, edit, add captions, throw in background music, and post it like she’s exposing government corruption all because you existed in a tank top near her ex.
But here’s the part that almost makes me feel bad for them: to hate-post someone, you have to think about them constantly. You have to study them. You have to check in on them. And by the time you’re uploading a TikTok earnestly using phrases like “I'm way better” or “she thinks she’s mysterious,” you’ve basically built a fan cam.
It’s embarrassing, but also kind of flattering. Like, wow, I inspired a whole monologue at 2 p.m. on a Wednesday? I wasn’t even awake yet. Meanwhile she’s on her third draft of “girls like her are why I don’t trust anyone.”
At some point you realize: you’re not her enemy, you’re her mirror. You’re doing something she wishes she could do, and instead of just admitting that, she translates admiration into hate content.
And the funniest, most twisted part? Half her audience knows exactly who you are, and they follow you too. Some of them probably like you better.
I don’t even take it personally anymore. If you’re making hate videos about me, that’s time you could’ve spent journaling, sleeping, kissing someone, eating string cheese, anything.
Honestly? Keep posting. If I’m living in your head rent-free, I hope the lighting’s good.

Comments
Post a Comment