you’re angel # to visit

Breaking News I Think Boredom Is a Luxury

 


I used to complain about being bored all the time. I remember lying on the couch during summer break, telling my mom there was nothing to do, and she would just laugh because she had a million things to do herself. At the time, I thought boredom was the worst feeling in the world. Now I'd honestly love to have enough free time to be bored. I think we romanticize being busy. Everyone who's anyone has a job, school, side projects, appointments, people to text back, places to be, and somehow we're still expected to keep up with every trend and every new show. Even when we finally get a free hour, we don't really have a free hour because we spend it catching up on everything we missed. Being bored almost feels impossible.The funny thing is, when I do get a quiet afternoon, I usually ruin it myself. I think boredom gets a bad reputation because we treat it like something to fix. The second we don't know what to do, we reach for our phones. We never just sit there anymore. We don't daydream, people-watch, go for a drive with no destination, or even stare out the window without feeling guilty that we should be doing something more productive.Maybe that's why it feels so rare now. To be bored, you need time. Real, uninterrupted time where nobody needs anything from you and you don't need anything from anyone else. A lot of people don't have that. 

Comments

Popular Posts