you’re angel # to visit

“Where’s the Function?”



Lately I keep going places and thinking… okay but why am I here. Not in a depressed way. Just genuinely confused. Like I’ll be at a party, or a networking thing, or even a hangout, and at some point I look around and realize no one really knows what the point is. We’re all just standing there. Talking, kind of. Waiting for something to happen. And nothing does.

Everyone jokes “where’s the function?” but it’s not really a joke anymore. It’s a real question.

So many events feel like they exist just to exist. No structure, no goal, no actual reason to stay longer than twenty minutes. People show up, take a picture, do a lap, and leave. It’s not fun, it’s not meaningful, it’s just… content. Proof of attendance. And once you notice it, you can’t un-notice it.

I think part of the problem is that no one wants to commit to anything. A real plan means expectations. Expectations mean effort. So instead, everything is vague on purpose. “Pull up.” “We’ll see what happens.” “It’s just a chill thing.” But chill has turned into boring, and boring has turned into draining.

Even socially, conversations feel like they don’t go anywhere. You ask what someone’s up to, they say “just busy,” you nod, they nod, end of interaction. It’s like everyone’s conserving energy, saving themselves for something better. Except the something better never really comes.

What’s weird is that people still want connection. You can tell. Everyone’s still showing up. Still dressing up. Still going out. But it’s like we forgot how to give things intention. A function used to mean there was a reason. A theme. A purpose. Dancing, celebrating, meeting people, talking about something real. Now it’s just bodies in a room and music too loud to say anything honest.

I don’t think this is about being boring people. I think it’s about being overstimulated and under-invested at the same time. We’re everywhere but nowhere fully. Half on our phones, half watching the room, half ready to leave. No one’s actually present, so nothing lands.

And honestly, it makes you feel kind of lonely even when you’re surrounded by people. You start wondering if you’re the problem for wanting more. For wanting something to actually happen. For wanting a night to mean something instead of just blur into the next one.

So yeah. Where’s the function?

Comments

Popular Posts