you’re angel # to visit

Why Do Men Follow You Back to Dorms Like You’re the Pied Piper


There’s a very specific type of guy who ends up trailing behind you on the walk back to your dorm. You don’t invite him. 

They don’t even ask, usually. They just… come with you. Like pigeons when you drop one fry. Maybe you mentioned you were going home, and he took that as a formal summons. Maybe you made eye contact for one second too long and now he’s interpreting your blink as consent. Or maybe he thinks the universe is “putting him there” because he’s watched too many TikToks about fate.

Girls don’t do this. If I follow someone back to their dorm, it’s because:

  • We've preestablished a sleepover

  • I left my charger in their room 

  • or I’m actively trying to ruin my own life???

Guys will follow you because you laughed at one of their sentences. Not the joke even, just the sentence. They’ll take that giggle and build a 5-year situationship in their head by the time you’ve crossed the quad.

What’s funnier is the confidence. No hesitation, no internal dialogue, no “is this weird?” Just Nike branded Just Go With Her. He’ll walk next to you like he’s already been cast as the male lead and the only thing missing is his Spotify playlist in the background. This is not Riverdale!

And the conversation? Bare minimum. He’ll ask where you’re from, pretend to care about your major, maybe say something insane like “I don’t really drink water, just shower beers.” But he’s not here to impress you, he’s here because you were the last shiny thing he saw before leaving the party.

And when you actually get to your building, that’s when they glitch. They’ll suddenly remember they “left something” somewhere. Or ask if they can “see your setup,” like your twin bed and LED lights are some kind of cultural landmark. If you let him in, he’ll sit on your bed like a Victorian child visiting someone in hospice.

I’m not judging them. It’s kind of flattering in a mildly concerning way. Being followed back to your dorm is basically the college version of being escorted by a lost pigeon who imprinted on you at a frat house.

But sometimes I wonder: do they actually want something, or are they just afraid to walk alone in silence with their thoughts? Because if we’re being honest, a lot of men would rather follow a girl to a building they don’t live in than walk back to their own feelings.

Anyway. If you see a guy behind me on the way to my dorm, don’t worry. I didn’t invite him. I just existed near him for 11 minutes and that was enough.

Always ask for consent and be kind! Don't sniff people!

Comments

Popular Posts